About a year ago, I posted about New Year's Resolutions:
"1) It's better to have a goal that's well-defined than vague. It's easier to add 25 pounds to your deadlift or lose 5 pounds than to "get stronger" or "lose some weight." Why? It's quantifiable. You know if you've done it or failed - there is no middle ground.
2) It's better to set goals of action than goals of results. If you do have a goal set, it's better to set one based on what you'll do than what you'll get. "I will add 25 pounds to my deadlift" is fine but you can't control that. "I'll follow this specific deadlifting program for 6 months" is better." "I'll eat 10 servings of fruits and vegetables each day before I'm allowed to have any dessert" is better than "I'll lose 5 pounds" - you can control the first one, but it's hard to control the second. You can control what you do better than you can control what you get by doing so.
3) If you do have a goal that is results-based, set a series of milemarks along the way. Not 5 pounds by next year, but 1/2 pound per month every month until 2012. Not 25 pounds on your deadlift, but 2.5 pounds per cycle for 10 cycles. Bite-sized portions keep you from biting off more than you can chew."
So, how did you do?
How will your resolutions look this year? More of the same, or did you build a base you can advance from?
Make that #4 on that list:
4) Resolve to build a foundation for the future. Don't make a temporary resolution, or something that you can gain and then easily lose. What good is it to lose 25 pounds if you put them back on? Instead, resolve to build a base of habits that will get you where you will go.
- Exercise three times a week.
- Have no more than one bad meal in a row.
- Eat fruits and vegetables at every meal.
- Save 10% of your paycheck, rain or shine, sales or no sales.
- Slowly increase the efficacy of your workout (progressive overload of some kind).
This way, next year, you're not resolve to do the same things over again. Set a concrete set of actions down and make them habits. You may find you don't need resolutions if you do this.
大会結果：5/21 JBJJF 第8回中国柔術選手権 | アダルト黒帯で白木大輔がWゴールド
15 minutes ago