Strength Basics

Getting stronger, fitter, and healthier by sticking to the basics. It's not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Strength-Basics updates every Monday, plus extra posts during the week.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hard-style kettlebell swings

I use kettlebell swings a lot myself, and with my clients. The style we generally use is known as "hard style" or "RKC style" (for the Russian Kettlebell Certification).

This blog post is an excellent bullet point list of how you do a hard-style swing. The essential bit to me is that end at the "top" with the bell pointed out, forming two straight lines, and keep the body rigid and tight at the top of the swing.

I thought the coaching cues in this one, and the description of the technique, was just outstanding. I'm as much blogging about it so I have a bookmark to it as I am to share it with those of you who may have missed it.

Tell a Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...