Strength Basics

Getting stronger, fitter, and healthier by sticking to the basics. It's not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Strength-Basics updates every Monday, plus extra posts during the week.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Scrawny to Brawny program

I debated back and forth on posting this - it does seem kind of a free add for a service. But it's an fairly unusual service at that, and it fits a niche I often write for - skinny guys trying to get big. I can sympathize, and if I had the money and didn't have the MMA training schedule and coaching I have now, I'd seriously consider it. So I figured this does fit within the normal scope of this blog. That said...

The folks over at Precision Nutrition have launched the Scrawny to Brawny Coaching Program.

The name should seem familiar - it's the title of a book co-authored by John Berardi of the same name. I even mention it in my "best routine" blog post.

What's interesting to me, and what makes me think this will be a big success for them, is the rarity of this kind of program. We can all name a half-dozen contests, shows, and for-pay diet services aimed at people losing weight. But one at people gaining weight? Putting muscle on a skinny guy by teaching him to lift right and eat right?

Interesting. It hits a niche market that just hasn't been hit much. And let's face it, it's not such a niche. Are any skinny guys really in the gym for anything besides building muscle? Are they really that rare? Learn how to lift, learn how to eat, and you're on the road to success. Compared to an in-person coaching program and in-person nutritionist visits, it's not that pricey either. I'm not plugging it, just saying. If you're skinny or just want to see how the other side obsesses on size, take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...