Strength Basics

Getting stronger, fitter, and healthier by sticking to the basics. It's not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Strength-Basics updates every Monday, plus extra posts during the week.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What is important to you?

Dan John related a piece of advice he credits to legendary wrestling coach Dan Gable:

"If it is important, do it every day. If it's not important, don't do it at all."

That's one of my favorite motivational quotes for training.


Every day, without fail, I do one or more of:
- static stretching
- dynamic movement prep
- foam rolling

I feel those are important to my physical health and ability to avoid injuries. Whenever I'm tempted to skip this "fitness prep" I think - "If it's important, do it every day" - and then, I go and do it.

I've recently decided I needed to improve my pullups - so I'm do 2 sets every morning at 50% of my one-set max for that variation (mixed grip). Why? See above. It's important, I'll do it every day.

What do you do every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...