This month, I continued 2 sets of day of squats and roughly 5 sets of pushups a day. However, this month I bumped up the total reps per set to 25.
This was a 530 rep increase over last month even as sets declined from 151 to 142 sets.
I also got in 27 days of squats, at 2 sets and 50 reps per day, for a total of 1350 squats.
- Adding 5 reps per set was initially pretty hard, surprisingly so. However, while the last 5 reps never felt easy, it was much easier to fit the sets into the day.
- the additional reps made exceeding last month's reps very easy without a need to get in a lot of sets.
- there was almost no variation - I either got 125 (most days) or 150 (on 7 days), no more, no less.
- I didn't take measurements, although I should have. My arms have noticeably more definition in the triceps.
- My shoulders and arms need foam rolling and external rotation exercises to balance this all out, but not nearly as many sets and reps and I get from the pushups.
The squats felt good - I found I needed less work on my hips and less foam rolling with daily bodyweight squats.
The next month, August, I'll continue, with 30 reps per set. I'm aiming for 5 sets a day, with the occasional extra set on days where I have more time to get some in.
Overall, I'm satisfied that this experiment has helped me stay in the shape I want even as my available slots to get in a full workout have dropped.