Strength Basics

Getting stronger, fitter, and healthier by sticking to the basics. It's not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Strength-Basics updates every Monday, plus extra posts during the week.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pullup Science

There is a new(ish) article over on Staley Training about the pullup:

Lat Science: Exploring the Pullup

It's a good article on pullups, although the font and font size made my eyes ache until I zoomed in a bit more.

I especially like the bit about saving a few extra reps in the tank - no going to failure - to maintain "a feeling of confidence and master". I like that a lot. If you leave every session at the gym feeling like you dominated a given exercise, I feel like your progress in it will be superior to leaving it feeling drained and beaten. Confidence matters!

Tell a Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...