Strength Basics

Getting stronger, fitter, and healthier by sticking to the basics. It's not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Strength-Basics updates every Monday, plus extra posts during the week.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another reason for having a trainer

. . . even if you are a trainer, you need someone there to tell you when you're being an idiot.

Case in point, I pushed out a much-too-hard rep yesterday while pressing, going for something I wanted but didn't really have in me. I could have called the set short and moved on, but I went for it . . . with a set to go in that exercise. My coach told me not to force any more reps and just get in good ones. I know this is the plan, I know that's going to get me to my goal, but it's so hard not to just crank it out and get that one last rep in.

A good trainer will tell you when you are forcing something that just isn't there. Tell a Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...