Strength Basics

Getting stronger, fitter, and healthier by sticking to the basics. It's not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Strength-Basics updates every Monday, plus extra posts during the week.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Learn from Cressey's mistakes

I enjoyed this post from Eric Cressey a lot.

Get Strong By Learning From My Strength and Conditioning Mistakes

I especially approve of #5. Having a "crew" in place - even a crew of one dedicated partner - adds immeasurably to your chances of success in your training. The better the crew, the more varied their experience, or the deeper their care about your success, the better. I didn't get better at MMA on my own, but by having essentially two families (here and in Japan) who will/would have done anything to help me improve. Lifting is much the same - you need buddies who want you to succeed even more than you do yourself. Find them and you'll get stronger than you thought possible in less time than you thought it could take.

None of us really do this alone.

Tell a Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...