Strength Basics

Getting stronger, fitter, and healthier by sticking to the basics. It's not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Strength-Basics updates every Monday, plus extra posts during the week.

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Precision Nutrition Level 1, Version 3 certified

In the past two days I completed upgrading my Precision Nutrition level 1 certification.

I've been certified in PN level 1 for several years, and took the exam every couple of years to stay certified. Recently, though, they upgraded the course and manual.



Nicely, they didn't make the prior levels obsolete. I could keep my certification. As a matter of fact, I'm current dual certified in level 1, v1 and level 1, v3. (I'm not sure what I missed in v2)

They made the upgraded course materials available at a reasonable price for currently-certified trainers like myself. I jumped on the upgrade, because I knew that if they'd taken the time to re-write the manual I'd benefit from the new material.

If I benefit, then my clients benefit. And that's what it is all about.

The upgrade took time, as instead of one course exam it was 18 chapter-length exams. This meant a lot of reading, then research and listening to lectures and answering workbook questions, then taking an exam. While this made is more digestible - lots of little chunks - it meant I ended up breaking up the upgrade over months instead of doing it in a matter of weeks.

The tests were open book, which is "easy" in the way any other open-book test is - if you know the material, and have the books in front of you, you can answer the questions easily. If you don't know the material, and you don't keep your references ready to hand, you're in trouble. I like to say, if you keep your references to hand, life is an open book test.

All of this is a long way to say, I've upgraded my nutrition knowledge (a bit) and my coaching skills (a lot) thanks to Precision Nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...