Strength Basics

Getting stronger, fitter, and healthier by sticking to the basics. It's not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Strength-Basics updates every Monday, plus extra posts during the week.

Friday, October 16, 2015

Inverted Training: Rolling First, Technique Later II

A little over two weeks ago, I posted about how I like to do my physically exhausting MMA rolling first, and then work technique, when possible.

It's not a unique idea to me, by any means. But I was especially happy when I was listening to a back episode of the Barbell Shrugged podcast featuring Louie Simmons of Westside Barbell.

He mentions training a professional MMA fighter, and having him do exhausting work, then mat work. Why? So he has to practice his skilled work under a state of fatigue.

I felt I was on the right track, but it's something else when Louie Simmons uses the same approach I hit on from just practice experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...