Strength Basics

Getting stronger, fitter, and healthier by sticking to the basics. It's not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Strength-Basics updates every Monday, plus extra posts during the week.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Making Weight

Warning: Making weight for a match, meet, or other event by these methods is potentially dangerous and/or stupid. I'm not advising you to do this. I'd advise almost anyone to make weight sensibly, by dieting down to a few pounds of the goal weight and then just skipping a meal or a drink beforehand. Be careful.

When I make weight, I generally use Kroc's approach here:
Cutting Weight
. . . since I usually have 12-18 hours between weigh-in and actual competition.

I found this guide to be pretty interesting as well - it's a variation of Kroc's approach, but it also seems workable.

Tell a Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...