Strength Basics

Getting stronger, fitter, and healthier by sticking to the basics. It's not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Strength-Basics updates every Monday, plus extra posts during the week.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Farmer's Walks

I'd previously mentioned farmer's walks.

One variation I've started to use is med-ball carries. The gym where I work has a variety of med balls. Since I can't risk dropped dumbbells in a gymnasium, I've begun to use med ball carries as a variation. The ball can be carried overhead (two or one hands), hugged to the chest, or tucked under the arm. Med balls with handles can be carried by the handle in one hand. The odd shape of oversized soft med balls (suck as the large but light Dynamax balls) make for excellent odd-object carries.

This is an easy variation to use if your gym frowns on dropped dumbbells and doesn't have sandbags for your use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...