Strength Basics

Getting stronger, fitter, and healthier by sticking to the basics. It's not rocket science, it's doing the simple stuff the right way. Strength-Basics updates every Monday, plus extra posts during the week.

Thursday, September 10, 2020

How much do I eat for my goals? - PN's simple calculator

Almost all of my clients have some weight goals.

They're looking for:

- weight loss

- muscle gain

and the every popular

- lose fat while building muscle.

But knowing where to start is tough.

Lots of websites will give you tools to figure out where to start but it's not always clear what step two is.

Also, you can generally skew your own results - tell the website you'd like to lose 10 pounds a week, say, or put on 25 pounds of muscle in two months . . . and get some numbers that won't really get you that.

Start Here

If my clients are going to do it themselves, this is where I like them to start:



Why do I like it?

First off, it lets you choose a broad goal - and if you choose an unrealistic one, it'll pop up a warning. Want to lose 28 pounds in two weeks? I'll tell you this is not a good option.

Second, it gives a lot of diet plan options - including vegan and vegetarian, two groups that often suffer from automated meal planning.

Third, it gives you actual portion-sized amounts and macros for each part of your eating plan.

Overall

This is a good tool. It's my go-to for clients and it's where I prefer most people start. Plus it's fun to toy around with your own eating plan and your own goals. And you can download the results easily!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...